Nursing Consultant Services
We can provide medical record review, chronological organization, and analysis with our nursing consultant services. Our nursing consultant at Seth Usifo Nwosu Inc. has experience with reviewing medical literature and identifying standards and scopes of practice.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports healthcare providers, organizations, and patients by completing investigations for attorneys, physicians, insurance and accreditation organizations, health professionals, private investigators, injured and third parties; providing risk-prevention methodologies.
- Develops medical malpractice claims information by investigating hospital, nursing home, physician and nursing negligence claims; providing unbiased opinions; determining merits of legal or accreditation actions.
- Provides medical records information by completing initial review and liability assessment; identifying health care providers; preparing releases and letters to obtain complete medical records, x-rays, and billings; organizing, chronologically summarizing, analyzing, and indexing medical records and billings; preparing a timeline of events; transcribing handwritten chart/record notes; preparing tables, charts, and graphs of data; recommending and preparing documents for review by the expert advisory panel.
- Identifies potential medical personnel/witnesses by deciphering names from medical documents; locating important witnesses; interviewing witnesses; suggesting list of deponents; scheduling and summarizing depositions; reviewing and assisting attorney in preparation of preliminary and final witness lists.
- Identifies medical experts by recommending areas of expertise to be consulted; obtaining and providing a list of potential experts; locating specifically named experts (defense and/or plaintiff); researching backgrounds of experts; obtaining curriculum vitaes; interacting with experts; preparing documents for review by experts; maintaining reference notebook on experts.
- Completes medical research by utilizing personal knowledge, experience, reference library, and internet; defining and interpreting medical language; defining and interpreting medical procedures; defining and interpreting medical-hospital/office policies.
- Supports case presentation by drafting interrogatories and admissions; preparing slides, spreadsheets, charts, and graphs based on investigative findings.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, DNV GL NIAHO and The Joint Commission accreditation standards; anticipating emerging issues.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Our Nursing Consultant, Dr. Cambria J. Nwosu, DNP, RN, CNOR, CSSM is a Registered Nurse (RN) and is Certified as an Operating Room Nurse (CNOR). Dr. Nwosu is licensed in Arizona and through the Nursing Licensure Compact (NLC). Under the NLC, Dr. Nwosu is licensed to practice nursing in 34 states in throughout the United States of America including but not limited to Arkansas, Idaho, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Iowa, Kentucky, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. Dr. Nwosu is also Certified as a Surgical Services Manager (CSSM). Dr. Nwosu currently works full-time as a Nurse Executive for a national telemedicine company. Dr. Nwosu obtained her Masters of Science in Nursing from Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Nwosu obtained her Doctor of Nursing Practice from Chamberlain University School of Nursing in Chicago, Illinois.
Dr. Nwosu served as a Council Member for CCI (Competency and Credentialing Institute) and is responsible in part for making final decisions concerning nurse credentialing. Dr. Nwosu currently serves as Chair for the CCI Certification Council. Contact us whenever you need a skilled and reliable nurse consultant. Our nursing consultant services is one you can rely on.